In order to enable consumers to more clearly understand the certification mark on the products purchased, and to reduce the various manufacturers of the burden of certification fees, the Korean Technical Standards Institute (KATS) August 20, 2008 announced that in 2009 1 On January 1, the new certification system KC (Korea Certification) certification. The plan began in July 2009, the first in the Ministry of Knowledge Economy, the end of 2010 to expand to all departments.
In order to enable consumers to more clearly understand the certification mark on the products purchased, and to reduce the various manufacturers of the burden of certification fees, the Korean Technical Standards Institute (KATS) August 20, 2008 announced that in 2009 1 On January 1, the new certification system KC (Korea Certification) certification. The program has been in the forefront of the Ministry of Knowledge Economy since July 2009 and is expected to be extended to all sectors by the end of 2010.
The implementation plan for the KC logo is as follows:
December 2008: Revision of the Basic Law of the National Standard and its enforcement order;
July 2009: Ministry of Knowledge Economy began to implement and adopt the national unified KC logo;
January 2009 to December 2010: Amendments to the laws relating to standard certification;
January 2011: Apply the KC logo to all certifications.
KC Mark Certification Products List (KC certified product catalog) According to the "Korea Electrical Safety Management Law" provides that since January 1, 2009 from the electrical product safety certification is divided into mandatory certification and self-discipline (voluntary) two kinds of certification.
Mandatory certification means that all electronic products belonging to a mandatory product must be certified by KC Mark before they can be sold in the Korean market, and are subject to factory inspection and product sampling tests every year.
Self-discipline (voluntary) certification means that all electronic products belonging to a voluntary product are tested and certified without a factory review. The certificate is valid for 5 years.
In order to obtain KC Mark certification product manufacturers need to EST certification body for electrical and electronic product safety certification. Where the manufacturer refers to the direct production of the product factory.
When the same type of product through different factories, the factories have to apply for KC Mark certification, because the factory name is different.
Application for KC Mark certification requires submission of technical documents
2、Product descriptions (or User's Manuals) : Korean Version
3、List of critical components
4、Insulation material catalog (designated product)
6、Letter of authorization
9、Specification of Transformer
The voltage of 50V to 1000V within the electrical products must be certified, KC certification program will be January 1, 2009 for all electronic and electrical products mandatory use of KC logo, will be replaced by the new KC logo the original EK logo
KC certification documents that need to be submitted
If you need to apply for the KC logo, you must first apply to the Korea Electrical Testing Institute (KETI) or the Korea Testing Laboratory (KTL). If a product is produced by several independent factories, although the product is the same model, several factories should also obtain certification mark. Overseas manufacturers can apply directly or authorized South Korea's local agents and representatives of manufacturers to apply.
New products need to submit the following documents when applying for KC certification
Electrical appliances safety certification application (mandatory products);
Electrical appliances self - regulatory safety confirmation application and electrical appliances self - regulatory safety statement (self - regulatory products);
1) a direct impact on the safety of parts list;
2) electrical circuit diagram;
3) transformer detailed specifications (related products);
4) Insulation material catalog (temperature, pressure resistance or flame resistance grade, etc.);
5) product certificate (including Korean product certificate);
7) Agent authorization documents (required for mandatory products; required for self-regulatory products to be applied by agents);
8) Questionnaire (mandatory product).
(1) the first factory Audit
After accepting product certification applications, KETI requires a first factory review of the plant and a preliminary assessment of the plant's quality control system. According to the relevant laws of Korea safety certification and the relevant provisions of KETI, the factory shall have the following documented procedures or regulations, which shall be compatible with the factory quality management and product quality control:
1) Product change control procedures (For example, after the approval of the certification product is approved by the certification body, the corresponding technical documents should be formulated in strict accordance with the approved contents and distributed to the relevant departments to correctly implement the changes of the certified products. Changes can not be applied to change the product logo.);
2) documentation and data control procedures;
3) Quality record control procedures (storage, routine and operational inspection records for a period of at least 3 years);
4) routine inspection and confirmation of inspection procedures;
5) nonconforming product control procedures;
6) inspection or verification procedures for critical components and materials;
7) internal quality audit procedures;
8) Procedures for operation instructions, inspection standards, operating procedures, equipment management procedures and other procedures, the factory should be kept at least including the above quality records to confirm the factory did all the production inspection and production testing, quality records should be true and effective;
9) Product routine inspection and confirmation inspection records; Inspection and verification records of key components and materials and certificate of conformity provided by the supplier:
① inspection and testing equipment on a regular basis for calibration or verification of the record;
② routine inspection and confirmation (operation) inspection records;
③ daily inspection records of safety equipment on the production line (workshop);
④ Disposal records of nonconforming products (purchase, routine and operation);
⑤ record of internal audit;
⑥ records of corrective actions taken against customer complaints;
⑦ failure to correct the operation of the test records;
(2) annual factory audit
Upon issuance of the certificate, the certification body annually conducts an annual follow-up review of the plant with the aim of reviewing the consistency of the plant quality control system and whether it can continue to meet safety standards. The annual factory review is divided into two parts:
1) the quality of documents, quality records, production site-related content of the view, requirements and content of the basic and the same as the first review.
2) It is necessary to confirm the consistency of the factory with all products authorized by the KC logo. According to the certificate of the product attached to the certificate (key components list), the certified product key components, materials, circuits, structures, etc. to confirm, to see if they are consistent.
(3) sample check
There are 216 products that have been included in the KC logo compulsory certification so far. Korean safety law stipulates that all types of products are sampled annually so that each product is sampled once a year. Sampling method is: by the factory inspector at the annual review, the scene has a production or inventory, the inspector sealed sample, the factory within 3 months of the sample sent to the designated location; factory inspection did not produce or inventory, the factory Shall send the designated sample to the designated place within 6 months.
KC certification mark
(1) KC logo information content
The KC logo mainly includes the following information:
Security certification mark with KETI certification code;
Product name; model name; rated input; manufacturer name; double insulation mark;
Rated production time (in the case of product input time is very short); product production date (year, month, day or production lot number);
Telephone or address of Korean service provider; EMI or EMI / EMS logo (optional, if the product has enough time to apply for a logo is recommended);
(2) KC logo
KC certification mark (Figure 2) should: according to product size and change;
In the product or container and packaging easy to identify, to print or engraved not easy to fall off the method of identification;
And KC certified cover adjacent, marked KC certification number;
Matters relating to safety standards should be listed in Korean or English;
Should be black.
(3) KC certification number
The KC certification number is composed of the distinguishing code of the security certification body, the product classification number, the manufacturer's name and so on, and the example of "S (Z) W 09 999 - 8001" (Figure 3)
① "S (Z)": the difference between the security certification body code (S: mandatory; Z: self-discipline security confirmation);
(W: Middle East: X; Africa: Y; Other: Z);
③ "09": electrical appliances classification number;
④ "999": the same area / the same product classification of the manufacturing plant number;
⑤ "8": the last year of the year (such as: 2000 to 0, 2008 8);
⑥ "001": number of the basic model of the same factory / same product category
Inquiry required information:
1, Product name, model
2, The product details of the technical manual